Memo #5

Hidden Figure
As I blink open my exasperated eyes on a seemingly normal day, I shift my sight to the longcase clock ticking at me. It was 8:30 in the morning, and I only have a limited amount of time to get to school. I promptly get dressed, pick up my burdensome bag and navigate my feet towards the exiting door. As I begin my eternal walk towards school, I cross several withered trees, whose leaves seasoned and began their journey to the ground, welcoming the cold winter. Every step and every turn along the way, the strangest and most bizarre noises seemed to transverse through the sharp green hedges. If someone was to ask me, I would have thought that I was scrambling my way through a dingy, endless path in a B grade horror movie.

As I finally arrive to my destination, I energetically whip the door open to enter the school building. As I gaze around the dark, empty building, I realise nobody was there. Around 8:45 there are usually 15 people there but today was different. Slowly proceeding in the direction of the light switch, something catches my eye. I notice a large creature lurking in the shadows right at the edge of my peripheral vision. I was so frightened my body struck still not letting me even twitch let alone move. Then the large creature in the shadows began dashing towards me. Frightenedly, I plunged to the ground trying to flee from what looked like an enormous spine-chilling figure hiding in the shadows. This hidden figure backed me into the corner of the room, I was ready to defecate myself. As it stepped out of the shadows I realized it was worse than I imagined, it was... Mr Clean; I mean Mr. Soks. You know the worst part about it? He asked me to hand in my assignment that I didn't even start.   

Comments

Popular Posts