Memo #8


Well this wasn’t the first time I had been trapped inside an elevator, but it was the first time I had to escape without the help of the magical red button called “call for help”. Here’s what happened. I casually woke up this morning in my fossil of an apartment pondering over the arduous concept of ducks, when it came to my realization that the clock was incessantly ticking its way to strike 9. I instantaneously jump out of my bed to brush my teeth and fix my hair. I scavenge whatever I could find to wear and eat and step out the door within a couple of minutes. I quickly rushed into the broken-down elevator and spammed the buttons in order to get to the main floor quicker. Little did I know, I broke the old thing. I saw the door close and felt the elevator go down half a floor before coming to an unexpected halt. I tried clicking the buttons but nothing happened. Then I started slamming my fists on the broken machine hoping it would move, but nothing budged. I came to a realization that I once again had been trapped inside an elevator. Suddenly, my heroic instincts kicked in from watching those Tom Cruise movies and I kicked open the top of the elevator. I utilized my inner Spiderman skills and hopped my way out of the elevator. Sike! I actually just sat in there and cried for help until the

Comments

Popular Posts